Saturday, January 9, 2010

Something New

Well, 2010 is the year for Something New. I have recently resigned, after 18 years, from the job that I love to travel the US, including Alaska, with my husband Tommy. Have dreamed of doing this since I was 15. Here I am now, 34 years later, and will be leaving our home in the spring on a spectacular adventure. I mean can you imagine taking off and traveling for six months! I still really haven't wrapped my brain around it. I really haven't wrapped my brain around leaving my job. I really haven't wrapped my brain around leaving the grandchildren. I haven't really wrapped my brain around leaving the kids, my Mom, the house, and the summer on the boat! There are so many things to wrap your brain around that I did not expect while I was fantasizing. Fantasy is different from reality! Difficult and exciting at the same time.

Another Something New is this Blog. I have never done anything like this before and thought it would be a great diary to take family and friends along on our trails. Be patient with me since I am a newbee. Be prepared for some awesome pictures in the future.
Any suggestions from seasoned bloggers will be welcomed.

This is it for my first post on my first blog. I hope the blog will be enjoyable to you and me both!

1 comment: