Tuesday, September 7, 2010

So Long Cody

I have enjoyed my time immensely here in Cody and I do believe Cody will hold a piece of my heart for a long time to come. Thank you Cody and Meeteeste for your hospitality.

Today will be a long drive day but I think it will be a scenic drive never to forget. We decided to take Route 16 through the Big Horn National Forest.

Wow, Whew, OMG, Oh My, Ahh, Whoa were just some of the words we muttered in between picking our jaw up off the floor. The colors of red, orange, gold, and purple in the rolling hills, the canyons, the mountains of rock were all amazing. And the sky. I still cannot believe the color.  Sometimes it is so blue it doesn’t look real when I am looking at it. image image image The town of Tensleep image image image was breathtaking as was the Big Horn National Forest.image image We climbed to nearly 10,000 feet and at the top of the mountain, what a surprise, a huge lake.image   I would loved to take a dip, but at this elevation the temp was only in the 40s. It still is amazing to me, after all that we have seen, that the terrain can change so drastically in just a short distance and that there is all of this open space. Just less than one hour after being in the Big Horn National Forest and having canyons and mountains, we are now out in the open in the high plains. Once again we can see forever.image image image Where we live, the Maryland/Delaware area, at times it feels like people are stacked on top of each other, so this openness is absolutely wonderful to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment