Monday, March 15, 2010

Emotions Gone Wild

Wow are the emotions gone wild. How can something so great cause such mixed emotions? This is our dream to travel and see the “Lower 48” and Alaska . We are so blessed to be able to travel for 6 or 7 months and I am so grateful, truly I am,  but I feel like I am loosing my mind. My heart is hurting missing my daughter, grandchildren, and my Mom. She just turned 80 in February, and without sounding macabre, I just realized I may have hugged her for the last time today. Now I do hope her health maintains and she is up to no good, running around tormenting people when we get back, but she is 80. My grand daughter told me today that she cried herself to sleep the other night, and my daughter wanted to know if the kids “ratted” her out because she had her meltdown yesterday. I know that 7 months isn’t forever but, as I have said before, I have never been away from home for more than 2 weeks and we are all feeling it.  Tommy and I have plucked each others last nerve. I think I am getting on my own nerves! We leave in 35 hours and I know we are really pretty prepared. There are the last few errands to run in the am, a pot of chili to make, and few more things to load. Will go watch the grandkids roller skate in the evening. We anticipate to head out at 8 am on St. Patrick’s Day.

1 comment:

  1. Tom and Tracy,
    Wishing you a fantastic, safe and memorable trip of a lifetime. You are doing something most people only dream about. Have a great time and keep us posted on all your adventures. Love to you both....Dee

    ReplyDelete