Thursday, March 18, 2010

It’s Finally Here! We Leave Today

IMG_0673Today is the day we start out on our trip of our life time. The house is secure, the RV is loaded to the hilt.

It amazes me that I could pack that much in the freezer. You should see this thing. OK I think you will. freezr 001 I am known for being able to pack. Tommy is always surprised that I can pack whatever it is I am packing the way I do and nothing is ruined.

Both Erica and Kerry came over this am. Kerry brought Ella and Paige with her. We sat and talked for awhile and had coffee while Tommy was hooking up the car to the RV, drained the hot water tank and shut the water off. It was good to relax instead of running all around, really doing nothing since it was all ready done. A few last things to unplug in the house then it was time to try to plug up our tear ducts. Hugs, tears, laughs, a few pictures, more hugs, tears and away we went but not before one more hug.

The day could not be more beautiful. We just come off a week of rain so the sun looks even brighter. We left at 9 am and the traffic was light, so it was smooth sailing Uhh.. driving.

Flowers were sent to the house yesterday. I could not believe they were being delivered and I couldn’t think of who would be sending them.IMG_0678

Of course it was my sweet Tommy with a card saying that I was the only person in the world he would ever want to do this trip with. So sweet!I am a Lucky girl!

We drove to Hillsborough, North Carolina and stayed where…. in a Walmart parking lot. Had chili for dinner, called home, and went shopping. What a day!

Happy St. Patrick’s Day everyone.

1 comment: