Thursday, August 19, 2010

What A Nice Visit

What a nice visit we had with Joy and DeWayne. They came over this morning and we chatted for several hours. We covered every topic from RVing, Alaska, how they met and got married, kids, politics. You name it, we talked briefly about it. Great people, easy to talk with. We made some loose plans to get together for dinner or sightseeing soon. You may want to check out their blog The Breeze at http://joyndewayne.blogspot.com.

Tommy and I went to pick up our pictures that I spent forever in Walgreens yesterday picking out ones I wanted printed and had CDs made of all the pictures. When I went there the prints were done but the CDs could not be done. Apparently I had so many pictures that I filled their memory and jammed up the machine. So I go and get the SD cards to have the CDs made. Well the photo machine starts to scream and eventually shuts down. We had already paid for all of the pictures and CDs and I asked if I could go to another Walgreens to have the CDs done with a note from them saying it would be at no charge. They agreed and we drove across town to the only other Walgreens. We proceeded to inform this store of what happened and presented them a note from the other store. We load the SD cards in and start the process of getting the CDs. We get an estimated time that the CDs would be ready.

We go for a walk to see some waterfalls on the Missouri River. The falls are so pretty and are at the base of a dam.imageimage We followed this narrow trail up further and found a horseshoe shaped grouping of falls. image We counted 8 different falls in the horseshoe.image image After a couple of hours we go back to get the CDs. Not done. We leave again and return at 9pm. Finally after two days and hours of running back and forth, I get my photos and CDs. Just one of those days, but luckily, we have had very few of those type of days on this trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment