Saturday, May 29, 2010

Seattle – Day 3

Seattle has so much to offer, you could be here a week and love every minute of it. When touring this town, your days are certainly full from morning to late evening.

Ok a little factoid: there is over 500 Starbucks coffee houses in the 5 mile loop of downtown Seattle and over 900 in the whole city. Now this does not include other coffee houses such at Tulleys, Seattle’s Best (which Starbucks now owns but keeps the Seattle’s Best roast and blends), and other small espresso shops. That floors me. Everywhere you look there is another coffee shop.

The Asian Art Museum was first up after a trip into the Apple store to get help on downloading iTunes. I could not get that downloaded, it kept getting stuck, and after several tries that took 2 1/2 hours each, I said forget it. Apple you do it. And they did, but it took them awhile too.  Sorry back to the Asian museum. Kimonos, some dating back to 1600’s and 1800’s were so beautiful. image         image              image          The sculptures were amazing.  image           The Argosy Lakes Seattle cruise was up next. I have been looking forward to this cruise on Lake Union and Lake Washington. I wanted to see all the houses on the water on Lake Union.image The homes are not on pilings, they rest on cedar logs.   This is the Sleepless in Seattle house,image  The house they used on the show the Bachelor. (Jason, the bachelor, did not live in this house even though the show chose to use it because of the Sleepless in Seattle link, but he does live close by).image The multimillion dollar houses on Lake Washington, including the 66,000 sq ft home of Bill Gates, were outstanding.imageThis was such a nice cruise with the draw bridges and homes. I could go on this cruise again.image     We were lucky to have an opening.  image    After the cruise we had to jump back on the monorail one more time.image Hey for you Grey’s Anatomy fans, this is the building they use for the show. It’s not a hospital though, but we had a great view of the building while we were on the monorail.image     image   We had so much fun here and saw so much more than I can put in this 3 part blog. It would take at least 6 parts to show all the places we went to and I did not even talk about what we saw when we were just walking around.  Thanks again to all of my co-workers at Brandywine Counseling for the wonderful gift to tour this town. I miss you guys!!!!

We will be crossing into Canada tomorrow on our way to Alaska. I don’t know when I will have internet again while we are in Canada. So my posts may be few until we make it into Alaska in about 2 weeks. We have about 2000 miles to drive through Canada to Alaska. I may be pleasantly surprised, I may have internet quite often. If I do, I will post.

1 comment:

  1. They have satellites and GPS telecom in canada don't they? 80 fires going in Alaska and some in Quebec. Dori, in Cape Cod is getting the smell and smoke from the one in Quebec. Can you imagine? I recognized Gates home from your photo. We"ve had dinner their numerous times, (I wish). Finally, BCI came through with a great idea. John was wondering what kind of mileage your RV gets. Ay least its cool there, its hot as H___ here.OK, Be safe, have fun and Drive Carefully

    ReplyDelete