Sunday, April 25, 2010

California or Bust

We made it: from the Atlantic to the Pacific. Hello San Diego. Hello Coronado. We could not wait to dip our feet into the Pacific for the first time.image  

All I can say is this roughing it is getting hard to take! Look at the conditions we have to suffer with. I am not sure how long I can endure this…maybe the rest of my life! Coronado Bay is 20 yards from our front and the Pacific Ocean is 100 yards to our rear.image Surrounded by these waters for a whopping $12.00 per night at Fiddlers Cove Navy MWR facility.  image

         Our first Pacific sunset                                                                                        Flowers, palm trees, immaculately groomed  grounds, the smell of chocolate wafting in the air- The Hotel Del Coronado is spectacular. image image                           Hooptie thought she   was      pretty outiside the Del                                                 The shells were plentiful,image Sand Pipers too.image The beach here sparkles with so much gold fleck, it makes you want to pan for gold. It almost looked like a vat of gold glitter was dropped into the water and with every wave the beach was decorated a little more.image

We decided a picnic on the beach was in order. I wished Tommy had a camera. This Seagull wanted some of our lunch and I had to chase the bird down the beach to get our sandwich back. image image After lunch we walked down the beach to find this pretty sand castle. Now you know what I meant when I tried to describe the Hoo Doos at Bryce Canyon.image image    In town there were bike shops,image  clothing stores,image  a guy grooming the palm trees, image              and a flower lady.image

La Jolla is a nice little town, seals like it too. La Jolla cove was built to protect children from the oceans undertow. Little by little the seals took refuge here. Now it’s known as Seal Beach.                                                                                                                                                                                    image                                                                         These are all seals sunbathing                                                                                                                                                                                                                               

 

 

image image There is so much more I would like to have shown you but this is where my batteries died in my camera. I have been carrying two cameras with extra batteries, a point and shoot and a SLR, this whole trip. Today I decided to go light. I took the batteries off the charger, put them in the point and shoot and out the door we went this morning.  We walked over a mile to find a open store that carried batteries. I always try to buy the rechargeable type of batteries and found two of them for $9.70 (ouch), bought them, put them into the camera, and you guessed it….dead too. They needed to be charged! The flowers were pretty, different types of trees, porpoises, surfers dudes. The Old Town Gas Lamp District again another nice area with pretty lamp posts and shops. Wish you could see it. Lesson learned.

1 comment:

  1. Lord have mercy, I can't begin to tell you how wonderful this trip has been. I can't make up my mind which I like better. Fantastic pictures, great dialog. Your truly amazing Tracy. John says job well done, you took some great pictures. You get the cinematograpy(spelling???) award of the year. Its wonderful that you and Tommy can fulfill this dream come true trip. We thank you for being part of it.

    ReplyDelete