Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Driving the PCH – Pacific Coast Highway

We are up early and on the PCH – the Pacific Coast Highway. I have always heard of Venice Beach as being muscle beach with the big burly men lifting weights on the beach and the in shape girls roller blading all over the place. Could not wait to see it. Well there is a small area to lift weights, and there were 2 guys there,image image love the bracelets on this guy, he had to be at least 70 years old

 

 

 

 

we did see 2 roller bladers,image but mostly it was homeless people,image musicians trying to hock their latest homemade CDs,image

 

Salt Sha ka would not leave me alone until I took his picture

 

                   and people carrying signs showing you where you can go see the doctor for Medical Marijuana (Kush). image They were everywhere telling us to try a “new side of life”. image      imageimage Oh if they only new that I have spent the last 18 years of my life in rehab nursing and believe so much in recovery. I wanted to stay far far away from the  “new side of life”. Other than getting some pictures of course. This guy made a point it to come up to me, as I was exiting a public restroom, to let me know he was the best thing that I would see on Venice Beach.image        Hey I needed a picture of the best thing on the beach. Venice Beach was a disappointment except for the Skateboarders. Wow these guys are good. image image image image They made it look so effortless that I wanted to try it. But I came to my senses and thought better of it. These guys were incredible. 

We had to get out of the nasty and continue on the PCH to Hollywood. We found the Hollywood sign and of course pictures had to be taken. image image We drove through Hollywood Hills. I expected to see homes on top of some hills but these homes were IN the hills.image image   Can you see how the homes are tucked into the hills?            The roads were steep and narrow with switch backs all through this beautiful “neighborhood”. I had packed a picnic basket before we left this morning.  We were able to to find a road with just enough room for us to pull over to have dinner in the Hollywood Hills under the Hollywood sign. Tomorrow we will be back to tour the town.

No comments:

Post a Comment