Tuesday, July 13, 2010

A Big Catch and A Gift

I went over to watch the fisherman clean fish again today and there were 12 Silvers on the table and more that had been cleaned in the cooler. image Beauties I have to say. The flesh is so red. I was snapping photos and the gentleman in the foreground asked where I was from and I told him the Chesapeake Bay. image He asked if I had caught a salmon yet, my reply, no. He then asked if I ever had fresh salmon, my reply, no. He said here and handed me a giant filet. My eyes were the size of saucer I know. I couldn’t believe it. “Really?” I asked. He had the biggest smile on his face and told me to “enjoy it”. How nice was that? The filet weighed at least 3 lbs. Huge! image His cooler was getting full and that also means his freezer was too for the winter. See the piece of fish on the side going in the opposite direction from the others and is a lighter color. This is a Pink Salmon.image So pale in comparison to the Silver.

Can’t wait to cook that filet up for dinner tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment