Saturday, July 31, 2010

The Deadliest Catch Captain and Birds

I really like the show The Deadliest Catch and liked seeing the Time Bandit’s shop in Homer. Well, we were riding around the Valdez Harbor and I said to Tommy, “that’s one of the Capt from the show The Deadliest Catch”. He said “no way”. I said turn the car around. I knew it was Gallagher in Anchorage and I knew that’s Bill in Valdez. We turned around and stopped and I said “aren’t you one of the Captains from The Deadliest Catch?” He smiled and said “yes, I’m Bill.” I apologized for invading his privacy and he was so gracious saying “hey if you didn’t watch the show, you would know me.” He introduced us to his wife and asked us where we were from and told us he was originally from the Pittsburg, PA area. Our neighboring State. We got our picture with him. image (of course my eyes are closed!) He is a massive man with huge hands, quite handsome really, and a really great tan. You might think he lived in Hawaii not Alaska. We then saw his boat The Kodiak in the harbor and grabbed a shot. image Nice guy, a very gracious guy. Thanks Capt Bill for the photo.

We found this old cemetery, The Pioneer Cemetery,  way way back in the woods. image              It has been in the process of being restored for years and years. image It’s known as the Chinese cemetery but at this time they have only found one Chinese person buried there.

We were at this local park and saw a man with two birds, an owl and a hawk, out for people to look at and to raise awareness for animal rescue. These were rescued birds. He receive calls about injured birds and will travel to get them, then rehab them, and teach them how to fend for themselves to return them to the wild. image How lucky was I when he asked if I wanted to hold them. image       image       image 

On our way back to find more bears to watch, we saw this cute truck. I had to get a picture of it. image image It’s like a doll house on wheels. Love it.

We could watch the bears for hours, image       image       image    image   unfortunately, they don’t stay for hours.         image

No comments:

Post a Comment