Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Fishing Is One Thing, Catching Is Something Else

Went fishing again today and I wanted to catch the big one. (I posted for 7/19 the same day as this, so go down and catch up.) Well, fishing is one thing, catching is something else.

We trudged back down to “our” spot but today's trip wasn’t so uneventful. There are several deep pits you have to cross, irregularities in the shore line that are filled with the river water. Tommy miss stepped and Ker plunk, he went down. Boots full of water, and yes his crotch, along with everything else was wet. Back to the RV for him to try to dry out his stuff. I stayed to do some catching. It started to rain shortly after we got there and rained the rest of the day. Well I fished for hours and hours.   A couple of bites, a couple that got away, but nothing. Everyone around me was catching. Now it’s 6 pm and I started at 11 am. Still nothing. Tommy did come back but did not catch anything either and was very cold from his earlier swim. His boots still wet inside and numb feet makes for a cold man. He decided to go back to the RV to get warm. I may be discouraged but I have tenacity. There are fish in that water and I will have one of them! And I did. When you hook one, and it is fighting but you are winning, it is exhilarating. I got that bad boy. With the help of two buddies I was able to get my limit of three. Thank you for your help, it is so appreciated.

After filleting the fish on the river bank, which we found was much easier than carrying the whole fish back through the woods and cleaning them back at the cleaning tables provided closer to the RVs, we started our trek back. This time I was the one who miss stepped and went Ker plunk. That water is so cold, about 50 degrees. Burr.  Long walk back to the RV, cold, wet, still raining, but I got one today. A big one!  And I will be back tomorrow you can count on that. Fish, be afraid. Be very afraid.

No comments:

Post a Comment