Thursday, July 22, 2010

Oh My God What Did I Do?

Oh my God what did I do to myself? My body feels like it was run over by a steam roller. The wrist, from Kenai flipping has flopped. I am hobbling from trudging to our spot for 3 days in waders and steadying myself in the currant. The knees are locked up from being locked in the water for as many as 11 hours straight with no sit down breaks. Oh my body  has been put through the wringer. Oh it was fun though.

My fishing license expired at 10 am, so it was early to rise to do just a little more catching. On the river by 6:30 am. It was a slow start. Nothing, no bites. Body hurting. Then a bite. A little fight, he got away. The another, landed it! And another! This time reeling him in and walking backward to try to get him up on land, I didn’t see the ledge on the bank and BAM!  Down flat on my fat ass. But I didn’t loose the fish! It’s now 9:40am, the fish limit is three and I have two. Twenty minutes before the license expired. I needed one more fish. Nothing, nothing. Tommy has zero fish. The men around me have none. It’s 9:50am. Bam landed the 3rd fish, just under the wire.image    Boys, that's how you do it!  Thank you very much!

Fish cleaned,image now it’s time to clean this sore, wore out body of mine.

Later in the day when I returned from doing laundry, I was presented a fishing award from Tommy. image image                                                         My very own fish club for bashing them in the head to put the fish out of misery.                                                                                               Nice ending to a  3 1/2 day fishing frenzy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment