Sunday, July 11, 2010

Yes, The Sun Came Out To Play

Yes, the sun finally came out. I quickly made my rounds to some of the places, like the seafarers memorial and the eagle perch, so I could replace some of the blah pictures in my previous post before I published it. Blue skies are always better.

Tommy and I walked and hung out at the beach today. The sun felt so good after a few cloudy rainy days. image image image After the beach we went to find this eagles’ nest that we had just heard about. How lucky we were when we found the nest an eagle was there.image image After taking a few shots image I could not believe my eyes. I saw another wing move within the nest.image A fledgling. It came up to greet us.image Then Mama needed to get in and care for her little bundle of joy.image image image Mama decided to fly to another tree and keep an eye on junior.image

image image image I wonder if she is encouraging him to fly? Another treat! How did I get so lucky?

Just a few shots of how pretty Homer is now that we have sun. I said I would not leave Homer until we got sunshine. Now that we do, I really don’t want to leave. image image image

1 comment:

  1. Now you know why I say, Alaska has to be the next place to heaven. Always another beautiful sight to take your breath away. How lucky can you get to see the baby eagle. That was really something. Keep trucking. Love yas B&J

    ReplyDelete