Sunday, July 4, 2010

Happy Birthday USA

4th of July is really celebrated in Seward. It’s kicked off with fireworks at 12:01 am. I love fireworks and have seen many. I get a thrill even from the single shot that someone sets off in their own back yard let alone a full show. I am one of those people you can hear saying eww and ahh. But this display was different. It may not have been the longest shows but with the scenery at the marina in Resurrection Bay with the mountains as the back drop with fluffy clouds kissing the mountain tops was a show in itself.imageimage image It’s just dark enough with the clouds (it’s 11:55 pm in these shots) to see the display, light enough to still see even the smallest details in the mountains and on the water. Now for the real treat. The sound! Seward is surrounded by mountains which created an echo chamber. It’s something I have never experienced before. Sometimes the mountain absorbed the explosion  and sounded like a sever thunderstorm in the distance but close all at the same time. Other times the sound would roll and follow the mountain around encircling us. I now know what rolling thunder means.image       image            image   image With the beauty of this area, the fireworks and its reflection in the water, the echoes off the mountains, in my country that I love with the man that I love. What a great day already and it’s only 12:15 am! Happy Birthday America! image

No comments:

Post a Comment